Sunday, August 17, 2014

Tracy Bridal Shower

My friend, Niki, got married yesterday! I hosted a bridal shower for her a few weeks prior. Her wedding theme colors were orange and blue (U of I Colors). I chose to use just the orange portion of the wedding colors for her shower.
We used mason jars with paper straws for drinks. I tied an orange piece of burlap ribbon around the mouth of the jar to add some color. The Plates and napkins were from party city. I got the table cloths from efavormart and I sewed the runners myself. The fabric came from Hobby Lobby. The umbrellas are a part of the Spring collection at Hobby Lobby (on clearance) as well as the orange pots with large green topiary.
I made the mantel sign with scrap paper and added the chip board sticky letters. I bought the clothespins from Michael's.
I made this chalkboard myself. I use it for all different events and parties. My mom had this antique frame and I knew I could do something with it. I added just a plane board to the back of the frame, and painted it with chalkboard spray paint. I also got the candle holder from my mom. (She is always bringing me really great stuff from her antique shop) I spray painted it, and added some chandelier crystals to it. I then added orange candles to match our theme.
I made this wreath, which doubled as a gift to the bride. I started with just a foam wreath mold. I covered it with burlap ribbon. I spray painted the letter T and hot glued it to the wreath. It was so easy, and she loved it!
I made this sign out of a foam presentation board. I used chalkboard markers, and added the burlap bow. I placed this sign by the front door so people would know where the party was.
The bride to be was happy with her shower!

1 comment:

  1. That's so sweet of you. Such a pretty bridal shower party. Wedding party of my cousin was none less than a grand event. Buffet stations for dinner, scrumptious desserts and fabulous table draping made our day. Decorations done at San Francisco wedding venues were speechless. I must say her taste is out of the world.

    ReplyDelete