Sunday, August 17, 2014

Mud Room/Laundry Room Transformation

I decided I wanted to make our laundry room/mud room more functional, and a little more "pretty." Sooo we started the transformation. It is not yet complete, but getting close! Here is the Before (I didn't snap a true before when the closet was still just a boring closet....this is the before the shelving was installed, but after painting had taken place)
And After...
We are still going to add a bench with separate slots for shoes, and I'm going to make a nice cushion and add some pillows. My brother made the shelf for me. We added the hooks from Hobby Lobby. I got the mirrors from TJ MAXX and the rug is from TJ MAXX as well. The baskets are from Target. I LOVE how it turned out :) On the Laundry side, I got the letters from Hobby Lobby. I bought scrap paper in various colors and designs. I traced the letters onto the scrap paper, and cut them out. I then mod podged the scrap paper to the Letters. I hung them to the wall with command strips. My mom gave the old window...I haven't quite decided what to do with it yet. I might add some pictures or something. So far, I'm loving my new laundry room. We are also going to be adding a small chandelier to replace the light fixture.

No comments:

Post a Comment