Sunday, January 26, 2014

Lego Birthday Party

My son is TEN years old, and we decided to have a big bash to celebrate his entrance into the double digits.
The Invitations were a pain-staking process. I had to hole punch each individual circle for the Legos, and cut out all of the little rectangles. It took several days to complete them. I used real Legos as a guide, which made the process a bit easier.
The main table was fun, cheap, and easy to put together. I used the Legos we already had (my sons have thousands of them). I created a cake stand myself from the Legos in our color theme. (I later discovered it wasn't quite sturdy enough for our cake, so I just added it as a centerpiece to the table). I used glass centerpiece votive holders that I already had and filled them with Legos. I then used some party straws and scrap paper to make the centerpieces complete. I got the paper dinner plates and dessert plates from Wal-Mart. I always like to do plastic ware bundles and tie them with ribbon for a nice little detailed touch.
I added streamers to the wall above the fireplace, and Love how that turned out. The Lego "Marshall" banner was made from card stock. I got a large hole punch and used 3D scrap stickers to make them look like legos. I punched holes in the top of each one and threaded the ribbon. I got the party paper balls (i don't know what you call them) from Hobby Lobby. I wrapped some empty boxes I had around the house with wrapping paper, and cut out circles (used a plastic cup as a stencil), and voila, you have giant Legos.
More gift boxes wrapped in paper for a coffee table centerpiece.
The wreath hung on the front door (I didn't take the pic outside because it was cold and snowy that day!). I bought a foam wreath from Hobby Lobby and wrapped it with yarn. I also got the wooden number "10" from Hobby Lobby, and wrapped them with Yarn as well Some foam scrapbook letters to spell out the birthday boy's name, and some party fans finished off the birthday wreath quite nicely.
The gift table was a big hit with the kids. We played Lego Bingo, pin the head on the Lego guy, and guess how many legos are in the jar. (I don't currently have pics of these activities, but I'm sure some will surface). I made the party favor bags with card stock, and white craft bags purchased from Hobby Lobby. I ended up tying a balloon to each one later on.
No birthday party is complete without an awesome birthday cake!!
Presents....
And AWESOME friends!!

No comments:

Post a Comment